Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Ideas - Anne

Posted: Dec 3rd, 2019 - 2:14 am In Reply to: Indeed.com does not care. They only want money from the ads - They repost outdated ads and SM

Sorry you're going through this. I've been through something similar and hired a collections agency. They generally charge you 30 percent or so, but they will go after him with a vengeance. A collections attorney would do something similar for a percentage. A way to get the punch of a collections agency is to get a friend (preferably a man with a deep, scary voice) to call him saying, "This is John Smith calling on behalf of Mary Jones. I am calling to find out how you plan on satisfying the debt you owe her in the amount of $XXX.

While the IRS cannot get him to pay you your salary, they can compel him to make his tax deposits. The IRS goes ballistic when you don't make tax deposits. It's considered theft because they're paying it on your behalf. If he doesn't pay the taxes, you will eventually have to. If you have your paycheck stubs that show the deductions he made, they will make him make them. If he's local to you, you can take him to court and get a judgment. If he has any property, you can put a lien on it. You can renew that lien every 7 years.

I've been in this biz for a while and have had to rattle more than a few chains on occasion.

Another very low tech strategy is to call him and e-mail him daily. It takes only a few minutes and leaves you top of mind.

Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)