Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

That doesn't even sound like Federal - minimum wage even

Posted: Nov 29th, 2019 - 10:45 am In Reply to: TTS - ms

if you added the amount taken out for taxes back in. Fed minimum is $7.25. $346 divided by 85 hours is only $4.07 and say they took out $1.50 for all the taxes, that would only work out to be about $5.57 an hour. TTS hires employees and is supposed to pay minimum wage (called MUP or make-up pay). And if someone worked 85 hours times 7.25 they would gross $616, and then after taxes their net would be approximately 20% less than the gross. Let's say about $493. If the employee's state minimum wage is higher than the Fed. minimum wage, then these figures are all going to be higher. My state's minimum wage is $10.50, which is $3.25 higher than the Fed. min. wage. A neighboring state to me has a min. wage of $12.00 which is $4.75 higher than the Fed. min. wage. Wow. If you think they legitimately owe you money based on Fed. min. wage or your state's min. wage if it is higher, then let them (TTS) know that and request your unpaid money owed to you. If they do not respond or refuse to give it to you, then contact your state's Dept. of Labor and make a formal request for unpaid wages. I know my state has a form online to do this and on that form you would state you requested the unpaid wages and what reason you were given for them not paying you. The state will get in touch with them and light a fire under their bums.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)