Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues


Main Board

CA -AB5 Worker status: employees and independent contractors. - Frustrated

Posted: Nov 19th, 2019 - 4:07 pm

Is anyone dealing with this?  One of my clients is insisting I have to have either a business license or a tax registration certificate.  That is basically all they will tell me.  No help at all from them.  I live in an unincorporated area in a county that does not require a license for MT.  The state does not require a license for either a sole proprietorship or a general partnership.  When I go to the tax registration, MT does not fall into any of the categories.  Basically my client has told me too bad, hire an attorney and have them figure it out.  Right, on an MT income.  I think, from reading over the bill, that I am exempt, but he refuses to bend.  I'd pay for either a CA business license or a tax registration certificate, but I can't find anywhere to get one.  Legal Zoom agrees with me that I don't need a license.  My accountant agrees with me that I am exempt from the new law.  I'm so frustrated.  


Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)