Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

CA -AB5 Worker status: employees and independent contractors. - Frustrated

Posted: Nov 20th, 2019 - 12:46 pm In Reply to: I also work in a small city, county, state - that does NOT require

I think the client himself does not know what to do with me, but will not back down from the business license. I have a LinkedIn account that advertises, I have other clients, my CPA does my taxes with the 1099s, and I have signed multiple forms he has asked for re my IC status. And yet, the business license is stuck. I have until the end of the year to get a business license, which is completely impossible for me to do without committing some kind of fraud (i.e. using my daughter's address in an incorporated city, getting a license for something I do not do). So, like I said earlier, I'm on the hunt for a replacement for the inevitability of being let go because I can't abide by company policy. (insert eye roll)

To me, if this is as big a deal for him as it seems to be, his attorney should draw up an airtight document delineating that I am not, never will be, never wanted to be an employee and that I meet all the ABCs of IC versus employee. But that would make too much sense. (insert another eye roll)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)