Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Avoid Keystrokes At All Cost! - JM

Posted: Oct 28th, 2019 - 11:52 am

I was one of those lucky people to get an email out of clear blue, asking me to apply for a Keystrokes job.  I have not been an MT for about 7 years, took a break after being an MT for 22 years, so I thought...ok...why not?  Extra money is cool.  I applied.  What a sham!  

First off, they tell you that you work on Chartscript.  That's a lie.  I downloaded M*Modal, but they call it Chartscript.  For you new typists, the difference is HUGE in income.  MModal does not pay you for headings, subheadings, headers and footers.  Their line count program pays far less than most other platforms so you type more, make less.  Chartscript was a Word program that allowed you to incoporate the patient demographics and you got paid for headers, footers, so on so forth.  You could use Microsoft shortcuts and Macros.  Keystrokes was trying to sell me a program of theirs for $100.  

Of note, Keystrokes/Chartscript lost a court hearing amounting to $1.8 million dollars in Ohio.  

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/6890567/Hudson_Medical_Systems,_Inc_v_Keystrokes_Transcription_Service,_Inc_et_al

I read what you wrote about no pay, no payroll taxes, etc.  The bankruptcy, chapter 11 for Keystrokes was modified a few months ago.  That means they are still broke, so don't expect much Christmas money.  :)  About bankruptcy, if you are wondering about the JLT Holdings vs Keystrokes, they are one in the same.  JLT is her husband's initials - Jeffrey Tkachuk.  Their personal lives are so out of control they have even ripped off their own HOA.  I hope they get evicted or foreclosed upon since they are trying to rip off MTs all over the place.  https://www.co.kendall.il.us/circuit-clerk/online-court-records/

I went as far as testing.  They didn't have 5 jobs for Beacon Health for me to type and set up my queue for 5 "already typed" jobs.  Why are they trying to hire me?  They don't have work.  They don't have any intention of paying anybody?  Did they advertise for jobs so you buy their abbreviation expander program? 

It would not surprise if more lawsuits are out there with the Labor Board regarding illegal practices regarding fair wages.  

https://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv03734/256349/1

What did I do? Well, I didn't work past the day they had no work for me to type.  I refuse to sit around waiting, waiting, waiting.  That is why I left the industry to begin with.  Next, I thought about all the new MTs that have no clue what this company is doing so I contacted the Illinois Attorney General, wrote a letter, explaining this unethical, immoral company needs to stop deceptive hiring practices and be shut down. I contacted Beacon Health system in Indiana for the 3 locations I was set up to type on and I told the presidents and CEO about this company and they should pay MTs directly and bypass Keystrokes or hire a more ethical company since this one fails on many levels. 

RUN!!! DO NOT WORK FOR THIS SHAM-OF-A-COMPANY!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME TAKING TESTS - IT'S A GAME, ONE YOU WILL NOT WIN, NO INCOME, NO MONEY, NO CHRISTMAS SHOPPING FOR YOU...IT'S ABOUT THESE 2 OWNERS RIPPING YOU OFF - NOTHING LESS, NOTHING MORE!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)