Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

When I see this - sm

Posted: Oct 13th, 2019 - 1:20 pm In Reply to: verbatim transcription - luckyacew1

I am assuming you mean recorded conversations to include punctuation and even maybe more than just 2 speakers and all the uhm, ma'am, sir, [inaudible chatter], unknown speaker [laughter] and so on and so forth. I can tell you from my experience that 40 dollars per hour is going to be less than 8 dollars per hour of your time. An hour of audio like that is going to take you more than 3 hours. Furthermore, in that hour of audio, you could have multiple documents to transcribe and new voices each time.

For medical the norm for transcribing verbatim straight typing is to multiple by 3, so an hour of audio will take about 3 hours straight typing on a blank page. Editing voice recognition, you can maybe cut that by an hour. So, it would take maybe 2 hours, but, again, lots of variables. These numbers are if you do strictly the work, not looking anything up or researching terms or templates, etc., or having to add shortcuts to an expander program.

Which leads me to verbatim, this takes much longer because it will be new voices each time, static if they use cell phones, lots of pauses to try and figure out how to work the uh-huhs and uhm's, etc. So I would say 60 minutes will most likely take you upwards of 4 hours to transcribe, so you're looking at about 10 dollars an hour and a whole lot of headaches and frustration because verbatim is constantly start and stop dictation and having to enter this, that or the other in this, that and the other case.

I am assuming a lot when I post this, but I'm thinking you're looking at just doing some general transcription because that seems to be the new trend. Well, it doesn't pay well. I worked for a company doing insurance claims on accident sites and it was horrible and I had eye strain and headaches and still QA was not happy with what they received. So, that was that. My answer is no, $40 is not a decent wage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)