Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Of no interest to anyone but myself, I have decided to - retire in November and sm

Posted: Aug 23rd, 2019 - 2:01 pm

wanted to tell somebody.  I'm trying not to get too excited or get my hopes up too much, but I have tentatively set a date to retire as November 16th.  That's the end of the pay period and it gives 6 weeks for me to return the computer and them to pay my last pay check, as well as any PTO I might still have available before the new year so I can start next year out without having to deal with them anymore.  I haven't told my kids yet, just in case I have to change my plans.  I've been trying to retire for 2 years and just wouldn't make myself do it.  I am ready now.  I've been doing this for about 24 years, have carpal tunnel (like most of us), and my vision absolutely bites now.  I can see far away, but have to keep enlarging the font to comfortably read the screen.  Every time report information comes up red I can barely make it out.  Anyway, I wanted/needed to put it out there in the world that I have every intention of retiring in just under 3 months and I couldn't be happier.  Thanks for reading this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)