Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 70)

Had my own client where I did copy/paste - Anon

Posted: Aug 18th, 2019 - 7:12 am In Reply to: Paid? - Anon

I transcribed each patient in a word document. Once finished I copy/pasted each patient's note into the different parts of the client's EMR. After a few upgrades of their EMR, the copy/paste was getting messed up on their end where it would copy a word or two then go to a new line. The EMR vendor tried to help me figure out what the problem was but couldn't, so I had to go to transcribing directly into the EMR. What I did was take 2 weeks' worth of word documents with patient notes and got a total line count, then divided by the number of patients in that file, which gave me an average line count per patient. It turned out to be $3.50 per patient. The client knew the problem I had been having so they okayed the per patient charge of $3.50. There's no way you can do a line count when transcribing directly into an EMR because there was lots more text in there than what I had transcribed. The office staff added lots of content even before the patient saw the doc and before I got in there with my part (the docs dictation).

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)