Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

No - we will never be happy again - Dee

Posted: Aug 16th, 2019 - 10:05 am In Reply to: Will you guys ever be happy with any job? - sm

While I see your point that some people are never happy, please keep in mind that those of us who started out in the 1980s were definitely happy. We were paid quite well, and we were completely dedicated. I was self supporting, and the work was plentiful, so I worked 365 days a year, and made $50,000 annually. Then, the powers-that-be decided that they could do it more cheaply, and they, indeed, did exactly that. They made the job computerized so that any stay-at-mom could do it. And since hubby brings in the real bucks, she is happy to make virtually nothing, because she is not dependent upon making a living. I ask you - have you seen these computer-generated reports in medical charts? They are deplorable! The misuse of words, the ridiculous errors, etc., etc., are a testament to how this once honorable career has gone down the toilet. I have gone on to work in a warehouse. My vast medical knowledge still remains in my brain, but I will never again share it, if it means selling out for a few cents per line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)