Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

at 4 CPL - mtsayswhat

Posted: May 27th, 2019 - 11:13 pm In Reply to: 4 CPL - PennHealth Mgt

To your comment about 4 cpl being industry standard, the "industry standard" has taken such a nosedive in the past 5 years to the point where it is basically telling us "seasoned" MTs that our experience is worth nothing. This SR or VR nonsense has NOT proven itself reliable in the last 10 years that I have been working on it. Five years ago I was making at least 8 cpl on voice recognition crud and 12 cpl for straight transcription. Nothing has changed in the technology in those 5 years; the only thing that has changed has been MTSOs low-balling to get accounts, larger MTSOs buying out smaller MTSOs, and passing the buck onto those who actually perform the work and have the expertise to do so. You want me to work for 4 cpl? Ok, sure. But the minute I have to change a word and TYPE something, then that is not editing, that is traditional transcription and my worth is more than 4 cpl. These companies know good and well that 98% of the reports that come through with voice recognition with absolutely NO EDITING/TRANSCRIPTION wouldn't stand up in a court of law for any malpractice suit, not to mention the errors that are seen on a daily basis in patient's charts from the MTs who are "listening" to these dictations at a speed I cannot for the life of me figure out how they hear anything. Shame on these MTSOs for lowering the "industry standard" to such a poverty level wage for such a profession that every single person needs to have the level of knowledge that even some of these dictators seem to be lacking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)