Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

I didn't end up taking it - STRESSED OUT

Posted: Apr 18th, 2019 - 8:54 am In Reply to: I just got called for a job interview today!! - STRESSED OUT

It was advertised as full time, but would only be 24 hours until June, and then 32 hours. Plus, the "benefits" they offered were 3 sick days a year...period. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me, and I don't know if I could trust an employer who so blatantly misrepresents the facts to get more people to apply. If he can do that to the general public, what will be do to his employees to get his way.

When I turned down the job offer, he wasn't happy and proceeded to yell at me and tell me loudly what a great opportunity it was. I thanked him for the offer and told him if it was a full time position I would jump at it in a heartbeat.

I know not everyone will understand or agree. That's fine. You don't have to live with the consequences. After 25 years of working here, I'm very wary of employers, and I'm really scared I will end up in an even worse situation. At least here, I know what to expect.

So, the job hunt continues. Maybe I'll get lucky and get fired so I can look for a new job full time. I deserve to be treated well, and my next employer will treat me well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)