Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

VDI and Worries about Error Strikes - sm

Posted: Jan 21st, 2019 - 1:49 pm

Most of us utilizing VDI are ICs working for MTSO outsource companies.  

For those worried about Nuance possibly looking to use VDI as a tool to cut pay, we don't work for Nuance.  We work for MTSOs with whom we've signed contracts for specific pay rates.

We are our own company as an independent contractor.  I personally am not worried about Nuance attempting to cut our pay, as Nuance has nothing to do with our pay.  

I have signed a contract specifying my line rates with my MTSO.  They cannot cut those lines rates next week unless I agree to said cut and SIGN A NEW CONTRACT, so there are zero worries about that for me.

If, in the future, my MTSO tries to force a contract where I must agree to error financial penalizations, I will absolutely refuse that contract.

I think way too many MTs working as ICs don't realize what independent contractor means.  You are your own boss.  You can refuse accounts that do not net you enough money, and you definitely never have to accept any kind of pay penalizations for errors if you're already under a contract.

I'm not sure why so many independent contractors are worried about these things.  

I know as former employees of Nuance that Nuance would spring carefully and confusingly worded new pay grids on their MTs.  MTs wouldn't realize the scope of the cuts until they happened.  This can't happen to you as an IC unless you agree to it.  You're not an employee of Nuance anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)