Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I worked for MedInk until October of this year - former MedInk MT

Posted: Dec 28th, 2018 - 5:42 pm In Reply to: Lost my job at Medical Ink - Thanks to Nuance

I had been with MedInk since 2011. I remember when they told us (or at least some of us on these so-called Nuance accounts) that they had renegotiated their contract with Nuance, and because of that renegotiation we had to take a pay cut. I wasn't happy, but I needed the job. I remember thinking that it was kind of BS, because I didn't have a contract with Nuance, they did. My contract was with MedInk, not Nuance, but again, I needed the job and agreed to the lower pay. At that point anything was better than nothing.

Then a few months back the whole VDI thing came along. After thoroughly reading the contract they wanted me to sign in order to stay on, I said no way. There was no way I was going to give anyone access to my computer, not MedInk, not Nuance, not anyone, nor was I going to invest/spend any money on this to purchase any equipment or anything else.

Now seeing this post about Nuance taking back all of these accounts from MedInk, I'm very glad I decided to move on and not stay when I did. I feel terrible for all the MT's that have lost their job without warning because of this.

I must admit, it really makes me wonder if MedInk knew this was coming? I'm sure they had a contract with Nuance, and I'm also sure that Nuance wouldn't just be able to pull back all of these accounts without warning unless their contract was up with MedInk for these accounts? And if the contract was up, then MedInk had to have known this was coming, especially with the whole VDI thing being put into place......but these are just my personal opinion/thoughts about this whole MedInk/Nuance thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)