Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I filed bankruptcy 3 years ago - sm

Posted: Nov 7th, 2018 - 8:35 am In Reply to: I'm a welfare recipient after 20+ years of MTg - divorced-sad-afraid

After Nuance purchased the company I worked for. I went from $25-$30 an hour to $16 an hour (sometimes less, depending on the nightmare FIESA).

I've never recovered that initial income, so things are very, very tight. Rents are rising every year and my income has been stagnant or dropping.

I really can't even make it paycheck to paycheck anymore.

If I had good steady work I'd probably be fine, but work is hit or miss, comes and goes, accounts come and go, and every time there's a holiday it's an excuse for work to be low for 2 weeks following.

I don't qualify for Medicaid, don't make enough to purchase my own insurance, so I have no medical care.

I'm desperately trying to find a position outside of MT with benefits. I've found a few positions, but I'm in my 50s and live in a very competitive area with lots of younger college grads vying for the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)