Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Welfare - Recipient

Posted: Nov 6th, 2018 - 8:42 pm In Reply to: I'm a welfare recipient after 20+ years of MTg - divorced-sad-afraid

I'm so sorry to hear what has happened to you. You are not alone, as the one poster stated that this field has ruined more MTs than we know.

My daughter lost her job at the end of Jan. and I've been having to try to pay her bills, along with mine, when my salary doesn't even cover mine, so it has been a real struggle. I was seriously thinking we were going to be homeless soon because I wouldn't be able to keep the phone (internet service) and electricity on and without those, I wouldn't be able to work, so wouldn't be able to pay the mortgage, and so on. She finally got a job that started the end of Aug., but it was only for an insurance open enrollment, but another company came in and might become permanent, if the workers do a good enough job, so hopefully she'll have a permanent job and I can finally start trying to catch up on all of my bills that have gotten behind.

In Nov. of last year, I started going to my town's food bank one day and the next day going to another local food bank, as I don't make enough to pay bills and buy groceries. My daughter was getting EBT, but now that she has a decent paying job, her benefits were cut so much that it's not even worth going through the hassle to get them.

Don't be ashamed to reach out and ask for help and accept whatever is available in your community. You have worked hard and paid taxes that have been used to help others, so now it's your turn to get a little help. Check out local food banks through churches or community centers, go to your local work force (employment) office for help finding another/better job or temp service (which could lead to full-time employment), etc.

It is scary to be going through this when you're single and struggling to do it all on your own, but there are resources available which should make things a little easier.

Take care and if you need someone to "talk" to, you can email me through here. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)