Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Of course there are people like you!!! Many, many of them. sm - Lexi

Posted: Nov 7th, 2018 - 8:21 am In Reply to: I'm a welfare recipient after 20+ years of MTg - divorced-sad-afraid

I am dismayed, but not surprised you found yourself there. It's difficult, after doing one type of job for a very long time, to find something different that will support us.

I live in the center of a group of several small towns. Most of the businesses are small, which means when they do post an opening, they need someone who can hit the ground running. They really don't have time to train. To find a job other than this one, I'll most likely have to drive about 50 miles one way, so after you pay for gas, wear and tear on your vehicle, etc., you don't bring home much from an entry-level position.

Not to mention, they can't ask you your age, but they can ask you about things like graduation date, etc., so they know, and it factors in.

I wish all those who instantly say, "Why do you still do this?!? Find something else!" would realize some of us don't have a lot of options, especially those who are the breadwinners for their family.

All that said, you will find something. So what if you need a little help? You've paid taxes for years, helping others. It's your turn. It is YOU the system was meant for! The hard worker who, through no fault of their own, has fallen on lean times and needs a little help. Maybe it will help to look at it as just getting a little of your own money back after all this time.

Best wishes. You are in my thoughts and prayers that something wonderful comes your way soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)