Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Welfare - Bummer

Posted: Nov 6th, 2018 - 5:46 pm In Reply to: I'm a welfare recipient after 20+ years of MTg - divorced-sad-afraid

I am sure you realize you should have gotten out years ago, so won't go into that. I had to file for bankruptcy about 5 years ago and still I stuck it out with MT, but I finally had enough and found something outside MT. I still do it, but only PT and do not count on it for anything other than extra money and it ain't much. When VDI goes into action, that is, if it ever does, I am gone. I have come to hate this job and can barely stand to sit here a couple of days a week. I work when I want, despite what they say. If they don't like it, then they can get rid of me.

Try to get through this the best you can and give yourself a break and perhaps after the first of the year things might change for you. Don't give up, don't let this job bring you down, as it has destroyed more MTs than we can even imagine.

I know we are all responsible for what we do and I should have quit 10 years ago, but I hung on. WHY? I am still asking myself that question, because it truly ruined me. I am still picking up the pieces.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)