Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

It is unfortunate the attacks you are getting by a few - No one can ever make a blanket

Posted: Oct 17th, 2018 - 4:16 pm In Reply to: You cannot say that for every company - I have worked both as MT and QA

Statement about any situation.

I also do QA, as well as transcription editing/straight, and everything you post is accurate.

The ones attacking you may be the very offenders you refer to. I have singled out top-notch MTs and forwarded comments to the bosses to let them know how well these MTs did their jobs. I felt it was a good way to separate the really good MTs from those that did poor, sloppy work. Why should everyone be treated the same when some of the worst MTs expect $25.00 an hour for their slop? Sadly, since it seems we all get paid the same, if I can improve that in any way for an MT by shining a light on their excellent work, I will continue do so.

The truth is there will always be excellent MTs and excellent QA people. We all have to deal with difficult clients and mind-numbing account specs, for which the QA people are held to even a higher standard to be sure they are followed. It is not "just filling in blanks". That proves how littler your attackers know about QA. It is not easy to for either MT or QA people. There are variables and difficulties to every job.

It is the MTs that pad their lines by skipping through VR without listening, refusing to do any research at all, refuse to read their feedback, refuse to do spell checks that make it hard for all the rest of us that take our jobs seriously.

Seems there are some on this board that refuse to better their own position. They think by tearing down someone else (namely you) it somehow makes them look better than they are. It only makes them look petty.

If they hate MT work so much, why do it. Let a really good MT have that job. To quote one of your attackers below, these MTs that are chewing you up seem to be "legends" in their own minds. Tells you all you need to know about how they perform on the job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)