Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Curious if Nuance MTSOs are having a hard time hiring - with VDI

Posted: Oct 15th, 2018 - 11:35 am

I can see why existing MTs currently working for the MTSOs would be willing to install VDI because they know their accounts, managers, etc.  

Would new-hire MTs uncertain of companies and accounts be willing to install such an invasive program on their personal computers?  

Seriously, the install took hours of taking over my computer.  I'm not certain I'd be so willing to allow this as a new hire.  Does this create a hiring issues for these companies?

How does the conversation go?  We have mostly Nuance accounts, so you'll have to install this 50 GB program on your computer, which computer must meet certain criteria, so must be upgraded or fairly new to meet the requirements.  Also, we'll be changing the name of your personal computer to an identifiable number, i.e. Nuance number, but don't worry, it's still your computer, we just need the ability to track you down just in case you download a virus and we can hold you responsible for any damage you may do, but we don't take any responsibility for damage done to your fairly new or new computer.  Oh, and we'll need to take hold of your computer for several hours in order to install this program.

I mean what new person would agree to all this?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)