Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Who needs the MTSO? - sm

Posted: Oct 9th, 2018 - 3:10 pm In Reply to: Totally agree - Cali_MT

I'm willing to put in the work to find my own clients.

They could not possibly have transitioned to all this voice rec without the transcriptionist's editing.

Our pay has been cut 50% for editing. We were told we'd make the same money but this has never been the case.

We've been lied to, used, and thrown away like we're nothing.

Now some of us are being told our computers are going to be monitored by Nuance, our OWN COMPUTERS. Some MTs are having to purchase new computers to continue working.

If I can just find a couple of heavy hitting dictators and charge $.12 a line, I'm way ahead of what I make now and I'll have peace of mind and can grow my own business.

I can communicate, write, research, know HIPAA laws, type 100 wpm, can edit, know multiple platforms, Word, grammar, punctuation, can read multi-page client specs, know Book of Style in and out, have worked as a QA person, can do ESLs, all specialties and reports, why do I need an MTSO paying me peanuts when I know all this?

It's crazy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)