Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I do, and I'm willing to share...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Oct 9th, 2018 - 6:00 am In Reply to: Does anyone have their own clients? - sm

although my experience is limited because I have only 1 client and have had the same client for 9 years. He is a cardiologist who visited a primary care practice in an office across the street from the hospital where I worked in-house. He saw anywhere from 8 to 18 patients twice a week. He walked into our office at the hospital one day and asked who wanted to do his office visit notes for him. I was the only one who had experience working from home and had a transcriber machine. I said I could do it and visited the primary care office, outlined my rate, which at that time was 0.14 cpl, and they went for it. I have to say that he had a big thick middle eastern accent, but we were all able to understand him fairly well, so no problem. I had access to their EMR from my house, so at first would transcribe in a word document (to get a line count), then cut and paste into the appropriate EMR sections. After a while, the EMR version changed and wouldn't accept cut and paste because it messed up the line spacing, so I got an average from a few months' worth of invoices and started charging per patient and typed directly into the EMR, because it was impossible to get a line count of just my portion of the work in the EMR. So now, he is getting ready to move on, and I am retired from MT anyway. He sees patients only twice a month now, instead of 8 times a month. My advice to you would be to visit medical office buildings near hospitals and pass out brochures outlining your services. Don't list prices, as those could be tailored to the type of dictation once you talk to them. You can use digital voice files that are sent to your PC by the docs' office and you play on your digital voice player. Most, if not all, offices use EMRs now that you would have access to from your home. My portion of the dictation was Reason for Visit, History of Present Illness, and Plan and Recommendations. The rest of the visit data was entered by office staff RNs and MAs. That's the way most visits work. We just handle the narrative parts of the record, not the physical, past medical history, meds, etc. So try visiting and revisiting doc offices, as some may be independent practitioners, not attached to any hospital, and still need to do their own documentation. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)