Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

I never sit with NJA - FMR

Posted: Sep 8th, 2018 - 8:56 pm In Reply to: Just started my shift. NJA - working poor

My state also has 1/2 shift of mandated pay. I clock in on time. When I run into NJA (usually within 3 reports), I put in for my state-mandated pay and clock out. Every 2 weeks I get a form from unemployment asking about my pay. I report it, and they send me a check.

During the time I would normally be working, I am looking for a new job, attending college at the local JC, and cleaning out closets and selling things I no longer use to make ends meet.

I figure it's only a matter of time before they lay us all off. In the last 3 months we've had an "impressive backlog" exactly 4 times, due to "reports getting stuck in the system" Mmodal-speak for the company we outsourced to didn't complete their work and now we will take away your No Work option.

I don't play their games. I don't make up hours which belong to my family. I do not change my schedule. I do not use PTO for NJA. I make minimum wage and they get a minimum wage employee in exchange. If I find a new job before they lay me off, I will quit with no notice. But I hope I can work out hours in a new job that will allow me to keep both so I don't forfeit my severance (after all, I have less than 1 hour of work most days and I haven't worked more than 3 hours a day in the last 4 months).

I will never again work for a company where I am the producer of a service which funds the company and my supervisors get paid and they trickle the money down to me and treat me like I am trash.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)