Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Training - anon8500

Posted: Aug 21st, 2018 - 11:24 pm In Reply to: TAA - Training - Needing Ideas

With my UI stuff, we had a website that had an assessment form you fill out and it tells you what positions your skills match or maybe you like doing xx and your skills match xx position. Those skills assessments I always thought were dumb, but it helped me. It also listed medical transcriptionist as one of my top matches. LOL So, maybe that was not a good thing.

I am considering nursing. I went to massage school, and some of the comments when I was working in student clinic were my bedside manner and something about nursing. Now that I have time, I find myself enjoying cooking for my family. Had some flooding this summer and hubby has been working, so taught myself mudding and taping to help out fixing things around here. I find I enjoy working with my hands. I have done a few artsy fartsy things that I thought I would never do. If you have a nursing home close, the kitchen is usually a fun place to work. That was my first job and I still miss it 30 years later. Thought about going there for that or CNA.

It is worth it if you have a job center of some kind that could help with the assessment or match your skills to things you never thought of. Maybe you have a temp agency near you? You could try jobs and see what you like or know you don't like.

Just a few thoughts. Good luck whatever you decide to do! I have felt so free since being laid off and all the possibilities! Scary and exciting at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)