Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Nuance - 3rd call yesterday - LaidOffMT

Posted: Jul 18th, 2018 - 8:47 am In Reply to: Was there a third call today that anyone ACTUALLY was on and knows existed? - MT

I was on the call yesterday. I got an email there was a mandatory conference call. Our lines were muted so we couldn't say anything. A statement was read "Nuance has determined restructuring is necessary. This restructuring means several positions need to be eliminated. If you are on this call your position has been eliminated. You are no longer employed by Nuance. Do not work any more today. Do not finish your shift. You will receive an email with your severance agreement later today. This call is over. Goodbye."

I knew a layoff was likely coming. I have only had about 4-5 hours a week of work for maybe 3 months. What was most upsetting was the way the layoff was handled. I worked for Nuance for 9 years. A personal phone call from my team leader with an apology for needing to let me go would have felt a lot better. There is some severance pay, thankfully. And I'm fortunate that this was a part time job for me and not my main source of income (but income that was needed nonetheless).

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)