Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Some things to know in advance.... - Jade

Posted: Jun 28th, 2018 - 9:56 am In Reply to: Thank you - Wondering

The hotel and rental car are nice. The testing experience I had was not. You will be testing in a small room with other MTs who are testing at the same time. Lots of keyboard clicking going on. The person administering the test will be going back and forth in and out of the room opening and closing the door several times during the test, which is a huge distraction. The audio is terrible and the dictators have very heavy accents. Some of the worse I've ever had to deal with. There have been several MTs with over 20 years of experience who have failed their in-house test. If you fail the test, you may or may not have to fly back the same night or it may be the next night. Just be prepared that it is not an ideal situation for testing and that not everyone passes. They also tell you beforehand that if you don't pass the test then there are some "online things we can do." This basically means you can re-test in 6 months and go through the same stressful process. If you pass, then be prepared to be scrutinized for using pronouns such as "he" and "she" etc in your reports along with trying to make sentences only 6 words in length no matter how it is dictated. Also, you will get moved from account to account with no notice. I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I think having all the facts beforehand is a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)