Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Ex-PFer - Anon

Posted: May 28th, 2018 - 2:10 pm In Reply to: what happens if you don't get your line count for the day? - Apple

You get a short rude email with a copy of the section in the guidelines stating the line requirements along with threats of being put on probation.

When I first started it was easy to get the lines in. You were on one center, got to know the dictators well and could make good short cuts for them. Then they started "teamwork," which means you must get on one place and type 10 reports, get on somewhere else and do 15 more, etc. There are patient lists for each date you have to go into another clunky system to download. It's time consuming and a major PIA. The making sure you cut out excessive verbiage and actually counting the frickin words while your typing, and my hourly productivity and therefore hourly wage dropped from what I was making when I first started. I went from doing 1500 lines in half a day to 6-8 hours.

Like the prior poster stated, it is mentally exhausting. You can get your 1500 lines in a day, but you feel like you did 2000+. Being left on mandatory overtime for months feels like mental torture, and they do that to you 2 or 3 times a year. You earn decent PTO, but good luck being allowed to take it if you don't already know your summer vacation plans in Jan, when everyone gobbles up all the days, plus PTO is paid at a low rate, not your avg hourly rate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)