Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Pay Rate - ConcernedMT

Posted: Apr 5th, 2018 - 10:21 am

I am working for a company and I like the people, I like the account.  However, I started with 7 cents per line for transcription.  A couple of years ago I was earning 12 cents per line (depended on how much I produced per hour and I transcribed at least 200 lines per hour, I had worked on the account for over ten years).  I have been working on this account for close to a year.  Please give me some feedback on what MTs are being paid for straight transcription (not editing).  I look at new job postings to get an idea and unfortunately I am seeing 6 cents per line for transcription.  That is just sad.  WE ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN.  I was going through a divorce, a nasty one, and basically had no choice but to accept the pay cuts or switching to editing for my accounts.  We train the computers and then we edit.  Now with some accounts the computers do a decent job but with some, I have had to change every sentence in some way and at times in a big way.  GUYS WE DID ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN.  After a year, I feel I deserve a raise.  I know the higher ups are happy with my work.  Please let me know if these companies are giving raises after a year of our hard work.  We do work hard.  We do have skills.  This job is not easy.  WHEN I SAY WE ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN.  I understand, it happened to me and I allowed it.  It is very disheartening to see them still lowering our rate now to 6 cents per line.  Is anyone out there getting 8 cents per line, 9 cents per line or more for straight transcription.  Hope to hear from you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)