Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Fluency - Longtime MT

Posted: Jan 17th, 2018 - 8:43 pm In Reply to: Fluency - Voice

If you are an extremely fast typist, you may not do as well with Fluency as with VR. If you had carpal tunnel, your wrists may love you, though. And with time and experience, you can get faster, though you will likely never be fast enough to make up for the difference in pay, which even the most experienced of us will probably tell you. VR requires a somewhat different skill set than straight typing.

The problem with MModal is that the work pools are too large now, and the work volume is too sporadic for many of us to maintain a LPH of 300-400 LPH.

So when work volumes are average-high-steady and I am limited to a handful of accounts and client profiles (directions for individual accounts), I do best, averaging 300-400 lines per hour or higher.

When volumes are low, work comes in from so many different pools with so many different dictators and client profiles, sometimes trickling in so slowly with so much time between reports, that my LPH drops down to 180-200 or lower.

Then, when volumes increase, and lately that has been about mid year, the supervisors begin to request extra help from part-timers (to try to maintain turn-around, though this was never necessary and we did fine with turn-around working at highest capacity in decades past, go figure), so once again my LPH falls from 300-400 LPH to down around 200 or less.

It makes no sense to me why a company would want to set its MTs up to work less productively, especially if they are concerned about turn-around time, but that is exactly what they are doing here.

But I will say this: Fluency is not a bad platform at all. Given a steady volume of work, one major account with 2-5 client profiles over a long period of time, and no one calling for extra help when volume builds even slightly, you can probably produce 300-400 LPH.

Unfortunately, the powers that be do not follow that guideline.

If you were a fast typist, you won't be any faster with voice. You may be slower. That part is a myth. It is all about speed. And speed is about accounts and the way they are managed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)