Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 34)

Reply - Read between the lines

Posted: Jan 15th, 2018 - 2:44 pm In Reply to: Read between the lines - sm

Thank you for the response. I remember the scenario you are describing that resulted in the patient’s death. The MT might have been blamed, but QA didn’t catch it either and anyone, foreign or domestic, might not have been able to tell the difference between 8 and 80 if it was slurred. The nurse on duty in that situation was negligent as well because she read orders from a discharge summary which is not supposed to happen, and the doctor had never signed off on the report. Maybe MTs are gunshy because they think that if transcription went down, coding will as well, but people are predicting things that may never happen and saying that any department with a large manpower force will be eliminated is a huge generalization. My facility still hires coders and there is a shortage of qualified people. I don’t know how long it will last, I would say 5-10 years but it will be a gradual thing. And because one facility sends work offshore does not mean that everyone will. It does seem to me that some people would enjoy saying “I told you so” if coding went the way of MT, so thank you for the clarification. It’s a matter of personal choice anyway. I could walk out the door today and get hit by a car but that doesn’t mean I’m going to lock myself in the house, one never knows until they try.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)