Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 61)

Read between the lines - sm

Posted: Jan 14th, 2018 - 2:05 pm In Reply to: Not brain surgery - Read between the lines

Well, to be fair, the Indians are perfectly capable of doing difficult work, whether MT or coding (except for the language aspect, though with MT they tend to have a lot of layers of QA to help them) or radiology or computer programming for that matter, but I know that wasn't the point you were making.

I am glad some Indians are finally getting somewhat better with MT work, even though it has largely brought down my profession. Overall that doesn't seem to be the case, though, and I doubt it ever will be, though I don't think we will ever see a return of the old-fashioned MT jobs we all lost. I think it's sad.

Absolutely, I agree with you 100% that domestic MTs are not all cut from the same cloth either. I know this from trying to find good subcontractors, lol.

At any rate, I don't know why anyone would be happy about the demise of coding or anyone else's job. If that happens on this forum or if I came across that way, I am very sorry.

I think a lot of us, speaking for myself anyway, and the small circle of MTs I know, just don't want to see people who have been through this with MT have to experience it all over again if it should happen to coding.

Believe it or not, I am still considering coding as an option. I am trying to weigh whether there is at least another decade before offshoring gets a real toehold because that's about how long I need to retire. And I know several MTs who are considering it, but we all are well aware that coding could go the same way MT did.

But none of us can know the future, obviously. We can only look at trends and speculate. Maybe we will all get lucky and the Indians will be as bad/unpredictable/inconsistent in terms of quality at coding as they are at MT work and the hospitals will eventually decide the heck with it and insist on keeping it all domestic!!

That is, in fact, my hope for all of us!

We did have a situation that made the newspapers in Texas several years ago where a patient's death was attributed to a mis-typed medication dosage done by an Indian MT. And those of us who have looked into coding deeply, or work in coding, know how critically important it is to the hospitals and clinics to be reimbursed correctly and quickly.

I don't know why anyone would get gratification from pointing out coding could be offshored, other than wanting to brainstorm through the various possibilities, even if negative, to try to help others avoid a bad situation they themselves would not want anyone else to have to experience.

That is my only motive anyway, and I believe it true for many others here. I wish only good outcomes for all of us in the face of the nightmare for the middle class that offshoring has become.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)