Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

night owl ? - romiha

Posted: Dec 4th, 2017 - 2:33 am In Reply to: That dovetails with TCM. - Naomi

So ... I have several of my own clients but not enough to support me and also work as an IC fulltime for an MTSO. I also take care of my elderly parents (mom has Alzheimer's disease) a few hours each afternoon 7 days a week.

My "shift" for the MTSO is 6 am to 11 am 7 days a week. I get up early in the morning - the wee hours, mind you - to get MY clients typed and a bit of spare "me time" to volunteer in the Gmail Help Forum. Now that MTSO has switched to VR, I must put in a few extra hours each morning to try and recoup going from 10¢/line to 3.5¢/line (grrr) so 1:30 to 2 a.m. is my goal to be up and at 'em.

Bedtime for me is typically 6-7 p.m. every night. I get to "sleep in" on weekends since I typically don't type for my clients except M-F.

No health issues (no statin use), don't drink. I get at least 7 hours of sleep per night. In summer, I wear an eye mask since it doesn't get dark at 6-7 p.m.

am I still messing up my circadian rhythm and/or screwing up my liver? I am a morning person - granted, 2 a.m. is probably considered 'middle of the night' for most people but it is technically 'morning' ... and I wake up and am 100% on task - more than 8 hours of sleep and I'm a zombie!

just curious about this!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)