Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Brain Drain - Dusty

Posted: Dec 3rd, 2017 - 8:12 pm In Reply to: Why I will never, ever work "nights" again. - OldLady

I have never had to work third shift, thank goodness, but I am a night owl, and it was my son who told me about a YouTube video, WHY Sleep is critical for the Body and Brain, and it scared me.  The brain has what is called a glymphatic system that drains amyloid plaques that accumulate while you are awake and can even lead to Alzheimer's if allowed to build up over time.  Feeling sleepy should never be ignored just to watch the ending of a movie or finish a chapter in that book because it is the buildup of these waste products that makes you feel sleepy.  The critical window to be asleep is between 10 pm and 2 am, and sleeping on your side helps facilitate this process.  The human growth hormone is also involved, which plays a role in longevity.  I know there are some who cannot avoid working these hours, but you give a real "incentive" as to why it is not a good idea in the long run.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)