Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

How bad is the insurance plan? This bad! - SickandtiredMT

Posted: Nov 4th, 2017 - 8:06 pm

So I went for my yearly physical (supposed to be covered because that's preventative, I thought).  My husband, who is also on my plan, went for his on the same day.  We had the same exams, same labs.  My doctor has referred me for an EMG study, a mammogram and an eye exam due to diabetes.  We were sent for yearly preventative labs.  Here's the rundown:  My bill for the exam: $79.  Hub's bill for exam: $29.  My labs: $179. His labs: $26.  Went for the mammogram, no idea what surprise I'm in for.  I called about the EMG, the copay would be over $300.  They won't cover the eye exam because they feel it's not medial (even tho it's a diabetic exam).  Basically the annual physical ended up costing me more than if I had not had insurance.  Also, what's the deal with my husband's visit and labs costing me so much less?  According to the insurance, they are applying charges to my deductible, even though they are supposedly covered through preventative medicine.  What a load.  Thank you so much to my former employer for selling out. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)