Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

New Job - MT

Posted: Oct 19th, 2017 - 8:54 pm

So....my husband and I had a talk about my starting a new career in a factory tonight.  I will be helping assemble washers for a name brand. I am so tired of worrying about my future as an MT.  I just cannot do it anymore.  I am exhausted mentally every day worrying about whether I have enough work for my 8 hour shift.  I just was paid 600 dollars take home pay for 2 weeks.  I cannot do this anymore.  I used to make 800 a week.  I will be happy to be out doing physical work, not sitting at a desk brain dead (how I feel anymore), and I will be mentally and physically healthier for it.  I want a 40 hour a week job, a job that is secure, a job I have tomorrow and until I retire.  MT just does not cut it anymore.  I also am tired of two-faced supervisors and shady work practices.  Good riddance to it all.  It was once the best career and I was so proud to be an MT.  Now my new job is UNION!, raises every 60 days until you limit on your line, vacations, pension, insurance, the works.  I have to do this for our future.  I have been an MT since 1991 so this is kind of scary but I have to make the change!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)