Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Has anyone took Social Security at 62 and retired from - MT

Posted: Aug 25th, 2017 - 9:12 am

I started out in MT 30 something years ago, was a very high producer, excellent QA scores, made up in the upper 45,000 a year. Over the years that pay decreased due to the industry lower wages and such. However, 4 years ago, my mother had a two strokes, developed dementia, so I moved her and my dad in with me, to help my dad out. Well, my dad died in 2014, and now I am my mom's primary caregiver. She is completely bed bound, and unable to do her activities of daily living and dependent on me for everything. As a result, my production had become lax with me being mentally, physically and emotionally drained,and literally burned out, eventually not being able to meet the 150 lines/hour consistently. I was let go from my job this month, and trying to figure out if I can survive off 1500.00 dollars a month,which is what my SS check would be, which actually is a little more than what I was making on my full-time job. Thank God, I do have a part-time job which I have had for 2 years, working Saturday and Sunday nights, which I have no trouble producing more than 150 lines and hour. (Word of caution- Never put all your eggs in one basket, as you never know what will happen). Anyways, what would you guys do. I will be 62 in a couple months and contemplating taking Social Security and keeping my part time job. Also,I thought I would be able to afford COBRA insurance, but come to find out it is 700.00 a month. However, I went to Healthcare.gov and applied for Obamacare and was able to get Blue Cross/Blue Shield with only 100.00 deductible, 5.00 generic drug copay, 15.00 dollar doctor office copay, everything low, etc. with a 0 dollar premium. That's right you guys ZERO dollar copay. I have filled out a couple job applications which were employee positions with benefits, but so far have not heard back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)