Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Congratulations on finding a new workplace - that suits you!

Posted: Aug 22nd, 2017 - 10:10 pm In Reply to: Wish I May, Wish I Might... - Backwoods Typist

Care to share what kind of job you ended up with? There are decent jobs at a local hospital for scribes, but I really hesitate to go for that. I hesitate for the same reason I hated being a "secretary" back in the day.

I really like doing my own work and hate following someone around like their appendage and buffer and getting stressed. PLUS while the jobs pay well now, I see where this is going. Eventually replaced with an iPad in the room that gets a remote $8/hr. No thank you.

But if that's what you are doing, do you find it good?

I am going to try to get myself together and maybe apply for SOMETHING, ANYTHING at the local hospital because I am just sick of this. I may just do part time still at Nuance and part time at the hospital, depending on the job.

But after this latest debacle, it is just so freaking depressing that the AHR without FIESA is so much better than being a slave to that dumb FIESA. Why is it too much to ask that Nuance pay us experienced and proven MTs a bit more than newbies and not threaten the dumb FIESA all the time? It equalizes us downwards, and that's really terrible.

Even with the AHR I make mistakes. I'm human. What is inhumane is that they get to dock our pay for such small errors and I am dreading going back to production typing under FIESA.

Good luck, sounds like you are doing well. Good for you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)