Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Wish I May, Wish I Might... - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Aug 22nd, 2017 - 9:55 pm In Reply to: Let's be honest Nuance - redmaj

Much as we may wish for MT to go back in-house, it will not happen, especially for those that have already done away with their MT departments. Scribes and physicians entering documents themselves have replaced us. Many have went to scribes because someone is right there with them on their heels and can do things right then instead of having to call a department then sit and wait for any corrections or documents to be completed. Not only did the hospital cut out the middle man by doing away with Nuance, they cut away another middle man if you will by eliminating the MT department. Harsh reality, but one that has to be faced eventually. For awhile, I myself had a hard time swallowing the fact that MT was dying a slow death, trying to hold out hope that things would turn around. Finally, I realized that things would NOT change and decided to start making the changes I needed to in order to get out. I had plans to just sign off one night and never look back, but I ended up fired for "quality issues" before I could. Best thing to ever happen! I now have a new job where I am appreciated, do not have my pay docked for stupid reasons and go to bed happy instead of crying myself to sleep. I honestly hope that the rest of those still in this awful industry find what you really deserve...happiness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)