Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Just a fellow remote MT - supporting other MTs

Posted: Aug 9th, 2017 - 4:22 pm In Reply to: Okay, I'll clarify - amensister

Ask yourself why Nuance pulled the emails and notifications? They were hoping nobody took screenshots or saved it to personal email. That is your proof. If they weren't trying to pull a fast one on the employees those emails would have stayed posted.

Apparently Nuance put too much faith in their IT team. From the outside to me it looks like Nuance thought the systems would be up and running in a short amount of time and they could somehow save the clients and get the work done. But the clients went elsewhere (in house, Mmodal, other companies) and the platforms were not up. So not only were they paying downtime they were also going to be paying out a bonus for work that wasn't there. When the lady on the conference call said they blew it she wasn't kidding. However, Nuance is only as good as their word. If they promise something they need to deliver.

Shame on them for somehow thinking that because their employees were remote that they were not smart enough to save emails or file lawsuits or talk to reporters. This story has huge implications for all remote employees and the employers who try to screw them over. That is why I am cheerleading behind the scenes here but also tagging the article wherever I can. Because if Nuance gets away with this the other companies will think they can too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)