Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: GMR Transcription.. (Views: 40)

Okay, I'll clarify - sm

Posted: Aug 9th, 2017 - 1:20 pm In Reply to: Attorneys will come after state DOL, Attorneys General and Federal DOL. - You are not discouraging

Hasn't the DOL already told you they only deal with minimum wage disputes?

I don't think the evidence in the article is ALL you have. I think it's the BEST you have. You've all been sending info to Paul for how many weeks now? He would have chosen to publish only the most incriminating pieces to create the most compelling article.

He's looking for page views. You'll notice his article isn't about Nuance employees being wronged. (His follow-up article might be...) Instead, it's about remote workers being vulnerable. 12,000 people vs. millions.

A lawyer doesn't have the same luxury that a journalist does. In the past, when lawyers got involved it never went anywhere.

I take that back. There was one time. Medquist (now M*Modal) MTs sued because the company's line counter wasn't paying them for their full lines in the report. They "won." The restitution was that Medquist would donate money to the association AAMT (now AHDI) on behalf of the MTs they had wronged.

Unlike this, that was a cut and dry case, not open to interpretation or misunderstanding or corporate legal wiggle room.

Even the Transcend case was better than this one and that too went nowhere.

As I said, try it. But it's not going to happen.

Have you looked up any laws on an employer's responsibility to pay bonuses? Maybe it's fraud. That might be an avenue to go down. But I don't think you can prove fraud if the promise made is ambiguous. Someone here needed to point out the ambiguity. Also, I'm not sure fraud applies to employment disputes. It's usually related to investments. I might be wrong about that. Rejoice!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)