Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I do lots of short forms that delete the original word - and replace with new. In SH.

Posted: Aug 2nd, 2017 - 1:10 pm In Reply to: About Autocorrect vs. Shorthand functions... - still chugging along

Like replacing "him" or "Him" with "her" or "Her."

Or drop in words and change punctuation and case, like replacing "...headache, patient reported..." with "headache. The patient reported..." I have two short forms for that, by the way, one named "lt"("THE" + L for when the cursor is positioned at the end of the world on the left) and ".t" ("THE" with cursor at the word on the right).

One nice thing with both SH and IT, but not AC last I was informed (?), is that if you make a mistake while typing a short form and only discover it after you've expanded and moved on to the next word, you can back up ONLY TO THE POINT OF MISTAKE, and retype from there and it will expand.

It can be pretty much taken as a given that anything AC can do the others can also, plus much more, and often much better. Imo, that AC works as well as it does can be rather unfortunate, but compared to pre-expander days it is also a wondrous gift. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)