Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Thanks, but I just glanced at my main dictionary, - just short of 80K entries. :)

Posted: Jul 31st, 2017 - 11:11 am In Reply to: Try Instant Text again - IT user

You're right that letting the program do dictionary building "its way" is a great boon to new employees, but those foolish enough to enter this field at this point aren't going to be saved by any expander, and most newbies are unlikely to survive long enough to get proficient at using one anyway. This is a separate skill one needs to get good at to make any money at all, muscle memory typing the short forms while the mind scans on. It's right up there with learning to type and learning the language of medicine.

Btw, speaking of proficiency and muscle memory, I never have the "suggestions" window open. I know from my patterns (not the computer's) what the short form must be, which allows me to keep my eyes on the text at all times--where they must be if I'm to keep that line count high.

Again, IT's a great program and so is Shorthand. Given the great decline in need for transcriptionists, we're very fortunate to have this choice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)