Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing Today's Top Viewed: InScribe auto text conversion.. (Views: 51)

Not the one you asked, but here's my take - on Andrews

Posted: Jul 24th, 2017 - 5:25 pm In Reply to: Question - Anon

I currently work as an MT and am in module 3 at Andrews. Andrews is a good, intensive program. The first modules cover coding plus anatomy, basic pharmacology, etc. I know my background as an MT helped tremendously in that first part.

I did run into some issues with the instructor in the first module (as did a friend who is also taking the course) where her response to a question was VERY condescending and not really helpful at all. She's the only one, though, and the other instructors have been quite helpful.

The thing with any online course is you have to be very good at setting your own study schedule and sticking to it and you HAVE to be good at absorbing things by reading and that style of learning. You don't have interaction with other classmates or an instructor. You can email questions, but it goes to a general mailbox which then gets forwarded to the instructor, which then gets forwarded back to the general mailbox....it can take a couple of days to get an answer.

If you are the type of learner where you can read and do exercises and really grasp information that way, then Andrews, Career Step, etc., might be good choices. If you need interaction and a more focused/structured style of education, look into your local university or community college. Stay away from places like Carrington College, PIMA Medical Institute, etc. Those places rip you off big time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)