Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

As said. You need to consider yourself an - No amateur

Posted: Jun 28th, 2017 - 5:46 pm In Reply to: I bought ShortHand years ago. - mt

independent production center who sells your product to your employer.

I would NEVER consider using an employer's expander. That's for suckers, not professionals. As your use of an expander grew and your production came to depend more, and more, and still more on your employer's expander, the cost of leaving would rise dramatically as you were faced with starting all over, to the point that you might feel you had to stay. And were economically devastated if you had to leave.

Reminds me that, when a new employer once told me to store my dictionary on their system, I invited them to make a purchase offer for the copy they would have access to, minimum I would accept $20K. Not that I expected them to accept, it's too personalized to work for a company, but it pushed them to realize that my very large expander dictionaries had real monetary value as production tools, which is what I intended.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)