Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

The thing with a stand-alone exander...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Jun 27th, 2017 - 6:49 pm In Reply to: Expanders worth the money? - FL MT

is that it remains yours and on your own PC no matter what company you work for. In the past 6-1/2 years I have worked for 3 different MTSOs and I have had my own client for 8 years and have used the same expander (SpeedType)for all of them. Even when I bought a new PC 4 years ago, I contacted SpeedType and for a $35 fee, they gave me a code so the shop that put together my new PC was able to download it to my new PC. As long as the platform you work on accepts stand-alone expander programs, you are much better off with one you have been using continuously. It also works in any Windows program you are in, in addition to your transcription platform. I think it is worth the money. I know some people swear by Instant Text, but I bought it a number of years ago and didn't like it at all. They let me wipe it from my PC, return it, and I got my money back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)