Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

it's really strange - worried mt

Posted: Jun 2nd, 2017 - 8:54 am In Reply to: Voice recognition vs straight typing - Just curious

I can't figure it out. I mean, if I can type 150-180 wpm why can't I edit at least that or even more? a few lookups should not have a major impact on your count, but it seems to and/or the cadence of speech by the dictator. I am not sure what it is. It has seemingly evolved into a profession for someone who only needs to know med terms and grammar/punctuation. Since med trans seems to be mostly used by billing, and billing is a vital aspect of any medical facility, I would think this industry would want to take better care of MTs. If they pay us .04 cents per VR line, they are probably billing at least .08 to .10 cents per line to the client. It's really sad, an entire industry is pretty much gone yet they keep training new MTs, new MTs get their hopes up, and then cannot find a legitimate job. I am surprised the Dept of Labor has not investigated whether we be ICs or not. We are being penalized for working at home when working from home was originally offered to help the doctors. When I first started, everyone would tell me, you are going to love doing this, tell me about how they have worked for the same doctor for years, when this MD would take a vacation, so did the entire office, and he would actually pay for everyone's vacation as well and many, many other benefits as well as, of course, great pay. It was a family type atmosphere. It's gone. It is now a sweat shop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)