Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

You are not 'just' a transcriptioninst! - Starzzz

Posted: Feb 3rd, 2017 - 4:09 pm In Reply to: medical office... - sm

A transcriptionist has vast knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, how the body systems work together among other things that make us very marketable. The first thing you need to do is change your resume to emphasize all of these attributes. Also be sure to list all of the programs and systems you are utilizing (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as any EMR experience. It pays to have a professional resume made because I think (generally speaking) we transcriptionists tend to downplay our worth as far as employability goes. A professional resume builder knows how to market a person's skills. I never realized how talented I was being 'just' a transcriptionist. I am in an urgent care setting and have found the transcription background to have been very helpful (just knowing the medical abbreviations alone has been a lifesaver!). For a simple example, knowing that a UA is a lab test saved time locating the correct tab in the EMR. There are several other administrative secretarial positions that pay even more, but I really want to stay in the medical field. So hang in there, look at your skills and marketability with the pride that you deserve and if you decide to make a change, know that your future employer will be the lucky one. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)