Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

So in other words, they don't even pay - starzzz

Posted: Feb 2nd, 2017 - 4:15 pm In Reply to: "Intelligent routing" - sm

for the expertise. It's like being penalized for taking the extra time to listen, re-listen and listen again before signing off the report to possibly hear it with fresh ears. The thanks you get for the effort (and perfect report) is to get this same awful dictator for infinity. A person should really leave blanks in the crappy dictations just so they do not get routed to them again. That's EXACTLY what this policy encourages. This also sets transcription back decades as far as being paid according to ability and experience. I don't understand how anyone can stay at this company for more than a couple of months. That is all it took for me to realize that I was better than this. No one is going to make me feel like I am not great at what I do. I thought surely you all were exaggerating and belly aching because you just were not experienced enough. I owe you a big apology (even though I never put that in writing before now). I was so WRONG! MM really is that bad and as long as this company has qualified people willing to work for minimum wage, they will continue to steal hospitals away from the experienced hard-working transcriptionists who had great careers and benefits. MM would not be able to do that without QUALIFIED transcriptionists doing the work. If they were getting what they are paying for, they would only be able to hire typists. If more transcriptionists quit, they would have no choice but to pay more to the transcriptionists(and quit wasting all of the money on upgrades that make it even more difficult to make any money). Even better, they would go out of business and the hospitals could build a staff of qualified transcripitionists to bridge/support the VR technology. It's too late for me though. I'm only got a couple of years until retirement, but I hope for the profession it makes a comeback. I am now working in a medical clinic office making just over $15 an hour. It's not what I was making as a transcriptionist, but it's worth my peace of mind. I love being appreciated for my knowledge that enabled me to do medical transcription. Working Monday through Friday with no weekends or holidays is great, too. The best part is knowing that my paycheck is the same every 2 weeks is amazing. Who knew how much one thing could mean! Oh, and did I mention since the clinic is affiliated with the hospital, I now have PTO and great benefits again? I was very nervous about not working at home. I mean I literally 'got ready' for work 5 minutes before clocking in, haha. I'm sure you can all relate to that. Despite the extra time needed to get ready for work and driving there, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I missed working with people and being a part of the process. Sorry for the rant. Good luck to everyone. I wish us all nothing but the best!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)