Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Seeing lots of requests for OT - lots of jobs going OTAT

Posted: Sep 19th, 2016 - 7:18 am

Never worked on that account? That's okay, we'll set you up.

And then we will rake through your work and, in thanks for your hard work and helping out when a need arises (thanks to presumably all those Californians we fired or something?), we will then proceed to use FIESA to cut your pay so that those extra 10-20 hours you did end up giving you the same pay in the long run as if you had never worked any extra hours.

How's that for a quandary? You're right, it's not a quandary, only an idiot would do it.

Thanks but no thanks, Nuance. You made that bed, now lie in it. If they would offer anything - hold all FIESA attacks until after they get the work back down, an extra fraction of a cent even for the extra difficulty of learning a new account maybe.

Really, anything, Nuance. Throw a dog a bone.

But they never will, because we are MTs, and they are convinced we are disposable and not valuable, that anybody can do our job, that we will do whatever they say and we are lucky they pay us anything at all, I guess.

They just beg when work builds up, then they make you feel like a fool for helping. I think most of us now (since we have had no work on so many occasions) know the minimum hours we can live with, and for most of us that is whatever our normal hours are, and we stick to that as much as possible.

I used to be up for OT when it was real OT, like a set rate then half, but that is probably why they get the FIESA hits out when you do the OT, to get your basic lph rate down so the time and a half is negligible. You just can't win.

We've all been gobsmacked when doing extra hours that they then seem to double down on the FIESA hits, then for all your hard work you end up with nothing extra. I hope nobody volunteers for it, I know I won't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)