Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I am trying to figure out the impact of - potential new laws on Nuance

Posted: Sep 18th, 2016 - 7:57 am In Reply to: Nuance - velma

The candidates for the White House are both proposing to "bring jobs back." Probably not ours, probably they are mostly talking about manufacturing, but still, some of the plans that are being proposed are going to hit companies like Nuance that offshore.

It is incredibly complicated, but most of the plans seem to attack those companies that have done "inversion" (establishing headquarters overseas in name only to avoid US taxes), of which Nuance is not one to my knowledge. Despite employing a lot of Indian workers, they still are headquartered in Massachusetts.

I have to wonder if they are trying to make the Nuance in India much more independent from the one here somehow so they can avoid taxation or exit tax or whatever, and they are wanting to do that before the election?

That declaration of 3000 Indian employees happened quite a while ago, not sure how many of them have been hired or whatnot, but I keep seeing the same story about it, nothing new. Just that they "plan" to hire, not that they "have" actually hired.

I am guessing the latest actions are not necessarily just to attack high minimum wage (or good working conditions) of certain states, but just to begin the exodus and they are selectively choosing those states first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)