Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

The continuing Nuance saga - MT POCKETS

Posted: Sep 17th, 2016 - 11:07 am

I left Nuisance at the end of April and even during LEAN times I have never regretted that decision.  I am 63 years old and have been a transcriptionist more years than I care to remember.  In its infancy as my career choice, I had a tremendous amount of pride in my work and I was driven to produce and excel. The last year with Nuisance beat the crap out of me professionally and financially with the dreaded "grid," the lack of work, the veiled threats, and the obvious disregard for me as an employee.  

I am working as an independent contractor for wages that could never match my bills, but I chose to take early SS just to survive.  I have continued to put in applications whenever I can, wherever I can to get out of this profession altogether.  I have a job interview on Monday for a local data processing position. The company is nationwide and the starting pay is NOT great, but it is more than I made for Nuisance during the last few months of employment.  The benefit is that it is HOURLY and my pay would not be subjective based on work flow, bad dictators or some screwed up grid.  If selected, I will know each pay what I will get and there will be no surprises based upon the whims of some Indian a$$hat reviewing my work.  

What has happened to this industry is sad.  What is even sadder is that most of us started with it long ago when it WAS a good place to be...and we became pigeonholed by this profession.  I'm not 25 and cute anymore.  I am a mother of 5, grandmother of 10, and if having the crap beat out of me professionally and financially is all this profession can offer, I would rather work at a convenience store for minimum and LEAVE the work at work when I punch out.  

Of note, I was a Nuisance cheerleader when I started.  It took them less than a year to show me the error or my ways.

Good luck to all of you and God bless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)